Remember when as a child you just couldn’t wait to grow up? It is only when we finally step into this phase of our life that we realize being an adult comes with its own set of challenges. We may have the freedom and resources to do anything we want but no time or energy to follow our hearts. All this pressure, responsibilities and set routines soon start to take a toll on your mental and physical health. If that’s how you’ve been feeling lately, trust me, you are not alone!
But hey! It’s never to take charge of your life and cater to your carefree and playful side every once in a while. Life is busy but it doesn't have to be boring. Here are a few easy things you can easily incorporate into your life to add a dash of shararat to it!
1. Cater to your creative side
Did you ever have a hobby that you eventually gave up on as you grew older? Well, this might be a good time to revisit that decision and revive your creative side. Painting, writing or music, no matter what you’re into, just make sure to set aside some time for your creative pursuits. Here are a few things you need to remember as you reconnect with your passion:
- Start small and not chase perfection! It doesn’t matter what the result is as long as you enjoy the process!
- Be consistent. Even if you can spare just 1 hour a week, make sure to do it every week.
- If you want to use this opportunity to socialise or meet like-minded people, join a community, a local club or a class to connect with others who share your interests.
2. Experiment with your style
What’s your first instinct when you go out shopping? For most adults, it is to pick safe and practical pieces for their wardrobe. As long as that’s how you define your style, it’s okay. But if you’re choosing the safer option at the cost of your personal style, then you need to stop and think! Zhuzh up your wardrobe with quirky, eccentric and stylish pieces to inject a little excitement and fun into your daily life. This is also a great way to boost confidence and self-expression. Keep these things in mind as you explore and experiment with your looks and style.
- Now, when we say playful, we don’t mean you have to choose style at the cost of comfort. Make sure not to go for options that you aren’t comfortable with.
- Experiment a little with different styles, prints and textures or try out new accessories.
- From office wear and casual wear to loungewear and sleepwear, make sure to choose outfits that combine both style and comfort.
3. Travel whenever you can
Crossing out every destination from your travel bucket list may seem like a distant dream now. But if you’ll never start, you’ll never know! Plan a vacation once or twice a year to take a break from the hustle and rejuvenate yourself. Traveling can not only help you break the monotony, but it's also a great way to get out of your comfort zone, gain new experiences and create lasting memories!
- No time for a week-long vacation? Take a weekend road trip with your friends or family.
- If a long vacation at an exotic location is what you want, start saving up for your trip in advance. Add a chunk of your savings each month to your travel budget.
- If you cannot find a travel buddy, join a travel group or go solo! No matter what you decide to do, you aren’t going to regret your decision!
4. Make time for your buddies
Almost all of us are guilty of bailing on our friends due to a work emergency at some point or the other. But if you find yourself putting off meeting your buddies for months in a row, it's time to make some changes. Chit-chatting with friends is an instant stress buster. It's like a gateway to those carefree days of the past when meeting up with your dost-yaars was an everyday thing! Here are a few things you can do to reconnect with your friends and rekindle lost friendships:
- Plan a meet-up with your friends at least once every 2-3 weeks.
- Have a group video call with your friends every other week.
- Make monthly dinner a thing where everybody takes turns to play the host.
5. Make ‘self-care Sundays’ a thing
Make the most of your day off by sparing a few hours to pamper yourself. You know you’ve earned it! This is the time to unwind and leave behind all the worries of the week gone by.
- Practice meditation, yoga or breathing exercises to become more ‘present’ and appreciative of your life!
- Treat yourself to a spa day or a mani-pedi sesh.
- Take a long and relaxing hot water bath.
- Take a long walk to get some much-needed fresh air.
- Play a few of your favorite mixes and dance it out.
6. Get onboard with ‘game night’
Keep your phones aside and wipe off the dust from those old board games lying at the back of your cupboard. If you’ve kids, this is the perfect way to relieve fond memories of your own childhood while making new ones with them. Let your inner child take the wheels for a night and enjoy!
7. Spice up your romantic life
Keeping your romantic life exciting and interesting is key to a happy life. Never miss a chance to surprise your partner or remind them how special they are to you. It doesn’t always have to be a grand gesture. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Simple acts like leaving random love notes or planning a romantic dinner date count.
- Gift a love coupon book to your partner that you (or they) can cash in whenever you are feeling frisky!
- If you want to take this excitement to the next level, up your bedroom game by adding new things to the mix.
- Spice up your intimate moments with sexy lingerie, a little role play, a sensual massage or sex toys!
- Discuss your fantasies with your partner and go with something both of you would like.
Summing it up…
Breaking away from your routine every once in a while is important for a happy, healthy and wholesome life! It can help you manage stress, improve your mood, strengthen relationships and even increase your productivity at work! Win-win, right? Fostering a positive outlook becomes so much easier if you keep your inner child alive and never miss a chance to have much fun. All the best!